1 ABOUT THIS NOTICE
This notice explains how we collect, use and process your personal data, and how, in so doing, we comply with the General Data Protection (GDPR), the Data Protection Act (1988) and other applicable regulatory requirements. Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your data privacy rights. This Privacy Notice applies to the personal data of our website users, clients and suppliers.
2 ABOUT US
Brandwalk Limited is a strategic brand consultancy providing branding, marketing and communications services. We are registered in England and Wales as a company under number: 9622250 and our registered office is at Nelson House, 2 Hamilton Terrace, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire CV32 4LY.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation we are the ‘Data Controller’. That means we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. We are required under the Data Protection Legislation to notify you of the information contained in this Privacy Notice.
We have appointed a Data Protection Manager (Lisa Bradley) who is our point of contact and is responsible for assisting with enquiries in relation to this Privacy Notice or our treatment of our personal data.
3 HOW WE MAY COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We obtain personal data about you, for example, when:
- You request a proposal from us in respect of our services
- You engage us to provide our services and during the provision of our services
- You contact us by email, telephone, post or via our website and social media (for example when you have an enquiry about our services)
- From third parties and or publicly available resources (eg social media/the web)
4 THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE MAY HOLD ABOUT YOU
The information we hold about you may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Your contact details: your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact details.
- information needed to conduct our service and details of which part of our offer is used.
- Your company’s name, your position in the company, the company address, email address and telephone number.
- Your company payment information
- Our correspondence and communication with you
- Information from research, surveys and marketing activities
- Details of the services you have received from us
5 HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
- We will only use your personal information for as long as needed to carry out our contract with you – in the provision of our services, or in the provision of your services to us.
- We may process your personal data for the purposes of our own legitimate interests, provided that those interests do not override any of your own interests, rights and freedoms which require the protection of personal data. For example, marketing, business development, statistical and management purposes.
6 WEBSITE COOKIES
- A cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on your computer when you visit certain websites.
- The software that runs our website (WordPress) may transfer a temporary cookie so it can keep track of what it’s doing. As it’s temporary, it may be deleted when you leave the website.
- We use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns to our website. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
7 DATA SHARING
- We will only share your personal data with third parties where it is necessary in the conduct of our services to you (for example, where we use a supplier or sub-contractor as part of our contract with you/in the provision of our services) or where we are required by law.
- All of our service providers are required to take commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. We will only permit our third-party services providers to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
8 DATA SECURITY
- We have put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your data being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
- We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents and service providers who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality and a non-disclosure agreement (NDA)
- We have put in place processes to deal with any suspected data breach and will notify you immediately of any suspected breach, or where we are legally required to do so.
9 RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, RESTRICTION AND DELETION
- We will always aim to keep your personal information as up to date as possible. However, if you believe we have made an error, please let us know and we will correct it as soon as reasonably possible.
- You may ask us to correct or remove any inaccurate information.
- You may withdraw consent to the use of your data even where we are relying on a legitimate interest (for example, providing it to a third party as part of our services to you)
- You have a right to object where we are using your data for marketing purposes.
- You have a right to request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove it where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
If you want to exercise any of those rights, please email our data protection point of contact, Lisa@thebrandwalk.com
10 CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
Any changes we make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be available to you via our website at www.thebrandwalk.com
This privacy notice was last updated on 19th October, 2018.